Friday, July 26, 2013

And the award goes to...

Apparently, I've been on vacation WAY too long and in workshops all week.  I missed out on the fact that I've been nominated by 3 different bloggers for the Liebster Award. YAY, me!

 Jessie from Lil' Bit of Country in the Classroom,  Kris from The Poole Pages, and Lindsey from Mrs. Johnson's Little Prowlers all nominated me. Thanks, ladies!
To accept the nomination there are a few things I have to do:
1.  Link back to the blog that nominated me
2.  Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers
3. Answer the questions posted by my nominator
4.  Share 11 random facts about myself
5.  Create 11 questions for my nominees
6.  Contact my nominees to let them know I nominated them





First, 11 Random facts about myself...
1. I've always wanted to be a teacher.
2. I worked in the "real world" before becoming a teacher.
3. I spend WAY too much money on coloring my hair because I've always had blonde hair.
4. I'm addicted to that stupid Candy Crush game.
5. When I put up a bulletin board, I purposely off center the letters because I wouldn't be able to put them up straight anyway.
6. I can't cut in a straight line.
7. I love The Walking Dead and can't wait until October!
8. I'm the baby of my family, but the only one to get married & have kids.
9. I've never traveled outside of the United States (Mexico doesn't really count since Texas is right on the border)
 10. I love to wear the color black because it hides all my imperfections.
11. I’m not a crafty person, so it’s a good thing I’m not a primary teacher.

Now, here are the questions from Lindsey @ Mrs. Johnson’s Little Prowlers…

1.       I'm a quote kinda girl, what's your favorite quote? “If you have the choice of being right or being kind, chose kind” from the book Wonder (I don’t know if that’s the exact quote, but something close to it)
2. If you weren't a teacher what would you be? I’d be a stay at home mom.

3. What's your favorite store to shop at? I love Target, but for clothes I love to shop at Kohls.

4. What books are you reading this summer? So far, all adult books…The Execution of Noa P. Singleton & The Dinner.

5. What's your greatest accomplishment? Being a mom!

6. What's your favorite candy? Anything that’s chocolate!

7. What's your favorite summer activity? Relaxing and reading!

8. What is your funniest teaching moment? Not sure, but I love to tell funny stories about my own personal kiddos that will make my students laugh.

9. What is your favorite book to read to your students? This past year it was Wonder. Love, love, love that book and I’ll be reading it again this year!

10. What is one of your goals for school this year? I want to try flipping my classroom (or at least semi-flipping)

11. What's the best part of your job? Having fun with my students and having them tell me how much fun reading is.

Now, here are the questions from Kris @ Pooles Pages

1.     What is your favorite teaching memory? When I received letters from my former students telling me that I was their favorite teacher and how much they loved my class.
2.     How long have you been teaching, and what grades have you taught? This will be my 9th year teaching and I’ve only taught 3rd & 4th grade.
3.     Where are your favorite places to shop? Kohl’s & Target
4.     What is your favorite movie? The Breakfast Club (I’m an 80’s kid)
5.     What's your favorite kind of cookie? Chocolate Chip
6.     What's the best gift you ever received? Besides my kids, my Kindle.
7.     What is hanging on your living room walls? Curtains…still trying to decorate my home. I’m not very stylish.
8.     What's your favorite area in your classroom? My classroom library…wish it were bigger.
9.     Your classroom runs on love, laughter, and lots of _________? Coffee…I have a coffee maker in my classroom.
10. What would your 'perfect' Saturday look like? Sleeping in!
11. What's the one thing in your classroom you can't live without? My Mr. Sketch markers!

Now, here are the questions from Jessie from Little Bit of Country in the Classroom…

1. What was your intent when you started your blog? Share my ideas and meet some cool new people!
2. How do you organize what/when you will blog about? It’s not organized, so right now it’s just random.
3. Tell me about your pets. We have one cat named Tiger and he likes to sleep with my girls and hang out with my husband. He pretty much has nothing to do with me.
4. What movie title would you pick as your life story? The Hunger Games because once a month I’ll cut you if you stand in between me and my chocolate…kidding (ok, not really)
5. What would a utopian society be like to you? Everyone would be kind and considerate of others.
6. Which TV shows world would you want to live in? Friends…I’d love to hang out in a coffee shop (because I love coffee) and chat with my girlfriends all day long.
7.Tell me about a memorable student that you taught. Sadly, my most memorable student wasn’t a positive experience and actually made me consider leaving teaching.  It wasn’t really the child’s fault, but I’ve learned how important it is to have support from your administration and how it’s their responsibility to give their teachers the support they need to help ALL students.
8.What was your favorite memory as a kid? Going to Disney World for my 8th birthday.
9. What is your favorite subject to teach, and why? Reading because I struggled with it as a child, but I’ve grown to love reading.
10. What advice do you have for a first year teacher? You aren’t going to know everything, so don’t stress yourself out. It’s going to take time.
11. What are some of you favorite blogs to read? I love Oh Boy 4th Grade because Farley is hilarious!  There’s so many that I love and I’m having a hard time keeping up with blog stalking.


Here are the nominees that I’ve nominated for the Liebster Award…
1.     Deb @ Crafting Connections
2.     Lindsay @ Pretty Pretty Primary
3.     Amanda @ The Primary Gal
4.       Sara @ The Aspiring Teacher
5.       Tessa @ Funnies in Fourth

Now, here are the questions that I’d like the nominees to answer…
1.       What grades have you taught and which is your favorite?
2.       Why did you want to start a blog?
3.       What would you be doing if you weren’t teaching?
4.       What’s your favorite flavor of ice cream?
5.       What’s your favorite subject to teach?
6.       What is your favorite adult book?
7.       What is your favorite read aloud?
8.       What’s your favorite part about summer?
9.       What do you fear the most?
10.   Do you like change or are do you like to stay in your comfort zone?
11.   If you could teach any grade/subject, what would it be?


blog signature photo Blogsignature_zpsbaa03b4f.png 

1 comment:

  1. I was nominated a while back and wasn't sure what to do! If you'd like to nominate me (I have 36 followers) as part of your 11, feel free. This way I can maybe complete my nomination!?

    ReplyDelete